Select “Add New” under “Users” to get Started.
Click “Add New” to create a New User or “Edit” for an existing User from “All Users”.
Steps to Add A User:
- Scroll to “Add New User”
- Add a suitable username,
- Their email address,
- Select their role
- Click Add New User.
Tips & Notes:
- All new users they will be sent an invitation email and they must click the confirmation link before they’re added as a user to the cloudlet.
- New users have 48 hours to click on the link in the email to activate their account otherwise you will need to re-setup their account.
- Spam filters, especially strict ones for institutional email addresses, often block these activation emails. If unsure use free webmail accounts such as gmail, hotmail that don’t block these invitation emails.
- Use only lowercase letters and numbers, with no spaces, in the username
- The username is what they use to sign into the cloudlet dashboard and is displayed on posts and comments they write. You can’t change a username, however you can change what name is displayed.
- Once a new user clicks the link in the cloudlet invite email they will be sent an email with their username, their password and a login link
- Confirmed users are then listed as users on your Users > All Users page and only be able to access features in your cloudlet’s administration panel based on the role you’ve assigned them.