In many ways, working a Job on OneSpiffy is just like working with any other client—we ensure that jobs shown to you are those that you are qualified for. Communicate well with your client and anyone else involved in the project, and take the time and effort to build a great working relationship.
We offer great tools especially for all our Ninjas to communicate with their Clients, inclusive of;
- Free Email Account
- Job Chat Manager & Tools
- Job Management Tools
- Unlimited Job Uploads & Downloads
- Job Timelines
- Free Online Calls to Clients
- FAQs and Knowledgebase Access
In addition, some successful Ninjas and Samurai’s have found that the following best practices help them grow:
Choose your Jobs carefully.
- When you interview for a freelance project, “interview” your client as well. Ask questions about the project and what result is expected of you.
- Be sure the needs of the job are in line with the desired deadline, and that you’ll have the time to execute well.
- If you end up feeling that the client or project isn’t right for you, feel free to turn it down.
Start the job strong.
- Once you’ve picked up a job, have a conversation with your client to kick off the Job.
- Decide and let your client know how you will work together, how often you will communicate, and your preferred mode of communication. (i.e. via Calls via OneSpiffy Call Center / Emails / Job Chat).
- Agree upon project deadlines, being sure not to over-promise if you don’t think a deadline is reasonable.
- Then gather all the information you need to get started on the job.
- If the Job requests for certain timelines to be met, and you find them to be unreasonable – please do not pick up the job.
- Be proactive: Even if they don’t ask for it, communicate with your client at least once per week and let them know what you’re working on and what your schedule will be.
- Respect deadlines: Ask your client for deadlines and make sure you keep them. If for some reason you won’t be able to meet a deadline, communicate with your client immediately to let them know when you’ll be able to complete the work.
- When in doubt, ask: If you have a question, ask the client. This will keep your work on track and on time.
- Respond quickly: When a client reaches out, respond as quickly as you can. Clients may get concerned when they don’t hear from a freelancer.
Ensure client satisfaction.
- If you can, consider submitting a small part of the Job early on and asking your client if the work product meets their needs.
- As you submit deliverables, make sure the client is happy with the results before you move on to the next step. This will ensure that you are on the right track and your Client are on-board with the progress you have made.
- At the end of the Job, make sure the client has everything they need. Upload files and Documents for their review on the Job App, for both your reference as well as theirs.