Select “Product Grids” under “Point of Sale” to get Started.
Click “Add New” to create a New Product Grid or “Edit” for an existing Product Grid.
Product grids lets you define the products that you want to show on each register. Using tiles which represent a produce, you can customise the product grid layout. Each register must have an assigned product grid.
You can have automatic product grids (that displays either All Products or a grid of the Category Taxonomy) or manual product grids which can be configured to exactly the way you want it from appearance to positioning.
The table below shows an overview of the product grids:
- Product Grid Name – the name of the product grid.
- Slug – slug of the product grid.
- Tiles – comma separated view of the tiles that are configured to this product grid.
- Configure Tiles – button which loads the Configure Tiles page allowing you to add tiles to the grid.
To set up your product grid, go to Point of Sale > Product Grids and enter the following information: –
- Name – this is to identify the product grid when configuring the register or assigning products to the grid.
- Slug – this is the slug of the product grid, usually lower case and contains no spaces.
- Default sort order – select how you want the tiles to be sorted; custom by order or default by global settings.
Once you’ve added your Product Grid, click on the gears icon on the right to configure and add tiles.
From this page, you can add tiles per product or per product category.
To add a tile that represents a product, follow the instructions below: –
- Select Product as the option to add the tile.
- Search for the Product you would like to add as a tile.
- Select the product you want this tile to represent.
- Select whether you want the product image as the tile or a defined colour.
- Image – a preview is shown with the product image, simply click on Add New Tile to add this tile to the grid.
- Colour – options to define the background colour and text colour is give. After selecting the colours, a preview is shown with the selected colours. Simply click on Add New Tile to add this tile to the grid.
If a variable product is selected, you will be prompted to select a default selection. This is not required but if you would like this tile to represent a specific variation, then it is required.
Per Product Category
To add multiple tiles per product category, follow the instructions below: –
- Select Category as the option to add the tile.
- Select the category you want to add product from.
- Click Add New Tile to add the tiles from the selected category.
You can preview the product grid by clicking on the Configure Tiles button and scrolling to the bottom.
From Products Screen
You can assign product grids to a product directly from the product page. Select the product you would like to add to the product grid, locate the meta box titled ‘Point of Sale’ and select the product grids you want this product assigned to or you can add a product grid directly from there.